|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
New Tokyo is the capital city of Japan.
Once known as Tokyo, following an unknown disaster that saw the majority of the original city falling underwater, the capital has since been rebuilt on shores of the resized Tokyo Bay around the orbital elevator, Amano-Mihashira, and renamed "New Tokyo".
- Amano-Mihashira Orbital Elevator
- Amano-Mihashira Academy City
- Fairyland Hall
- New Tokyo Slums
- Starbooks Coffee
Tokyo is based on the real life location.
Negima! Magister Negi MagiEdit
- Main Article:Tokyo
Seventy-five years before UQ Holder!, Tokyo is a primary location of Negima! Magister Negi Magi.
- The city of Hinata in Love Hina was located in the Kanagawa prefecture of Japan (south-west of Tokyo) while the Mahora Academy in Negima! Magister Negi Magi was located in the Saitama prefecture of Japan (north-west of Tokyo). According to the revealed map, both locations have become inundated by water at some point during the 75 year period between the two mangas and UQ Holder!.
- The city's size makes it more of a "prefecture" than a single city, due to this the Tokyo government administers the 23 Special Wards of Tokyo, with each ward being governed as an individual city.
- Tokyo was described as one of the three "command centers" for the world economy (alongside London and New York).
- Tokyo hosted the 1964 Summer Olympics.
- Residents need a permit to live in the city, that being said, around half of the population are homeless tramps that were possibly forced into this lifestyle due to the revelation of magic and the rise of a new magic-based economic hierarchy.
- Suicides in area for the past 80 years amount to 240,000. Averaging at 3,000 deaths a year.
|Towns and Villages||New Tokyo · New Tokyo Slums · Touno · Amano-Mihashira Academy City|
|Other Locations and Places||Albireo's Resort · Chao Bao Zi · Fairyland Hall · Famous Store · Amano-Mihashira Orbital Elevator · Starbooks Coffee · Touno Middle School · Touno Zoo · Castle of the Rift · Castle Ruins|